We understand that the process of pregnancy and birth can be stressful and we want to help make the process easier for you from beginning to end. Our birth Doulas are here to provide Information, Physical Support and most of all Emotional Support.
All of the Doulas on the Mindful Mommy Team are trained, mentored and screened so they may all provide amazing support and service to you.
Curious to learn more about our doula policies for Birth Doula Care? You'll find a helpful overview here.
The Mindful Mommy Doula Experience:
Once you sign up to be a part of the Mindful Mommy family you can expect email updates, tips, referrals and information throughout every trimester and all the way into postpartum!
We want to simplify the journey for you and take the pressure off. We will listen to your wishes and thoughts and help you to carry them out. Birth does not always go the way you “plan” but we will do our best to prepare you for what is to come and be there for you along the way.
Hiring a Doula is not just about supporting the Mother, it is to ensure support for your partner too! We want to help you and your family come together and just be there to love you when you need it. Let us take the responsibility of remembering “all the things”, let us do that.
The Doula you choose will be a stable presence throughout your pregnancy, labour and birth. You may not get the reliability from your health care workers that you expected but you will from your Doula.
All of the Birth Doulas on our team offer an array of skills and support systems which may or may not include from the following list below. Please feel free to confirm with your doula what skills they may offer or head over to Our Team to check out each Birth Doula's list of qualifications.
- Spinning Babies Certification
- Rebozo training & Certification
- Trained Child & Infant CPR + First Aid (refreshed every 2 years)
- Reiki Certification
- Infant Sleep Training
- Breech/transverse experience
- Breastfeeding Support
- Hypno-birthing Training
- Acupressure & Counter pressure techniques
- TENS machine use
- Belly Binding
- Yoni Steam Practitioner
Find the right BUMP DOULA PACKAGE for you:
Mindful Prenatal Visits $60/hour
2 Sessions, 2 hours each session
What to Expect - Mindful Mommy Prenatal Sessions
Childbirth classes help expectant parents learn about and prepare for labor and birth. This childbirth education and/or prenatal visits will be 2 hours each in length. This series will be tailored to suit your needs, unlike traditional hospital childbirth classes.
Whether you are delivering at the hospital, birth centre or home; these sessions will provide you with realistic expectations of birth , help you identify your support team. Your Doula will help you make informed decisions about your birth prior to and on your birthing day and to understand the possibilities of unpredictable births. These sessions are extremely educational and can be added to your doula support package or be taken on their own either at home or virtually.
TOPICS THAT CAN BE COVERED:
- Stages of labour
- Baby as an active participant
- How to push
- Alternative birthing directions eg' cesarean, induction etc
- Body/baby feeding
- What to expect from your provider and location of birth
- Postpartum expectations and recovery
- Partner support
- Breast feeding education
- Newborn care
Bump Basic Birth Doula $1550
Our most popular package!
Our most popular package!
This birth doula package has everything you will need for your pregnancy, labour and birth adventure.
- 2 Prenatal Visits (in person or virtual) 1 to 2 hours each
- Weekly check ins from 39 weeks onward
- Unlimited phone/text/facetime/email support
- On call support 24/7 to answer questions or concerns
- Attendance from active labour to 1 to 2 hours after birth
- 1 Postpartum visit (1 to 2 hours each) to check in, process the birth experience and to answer any and all questions.
- Postpartum hours may be added at clients request
VBAC Doula Package $1550
Most women can have a safe VBAC, a vaginal birth after a cesarean. And we have a Doula just for that!
With over 20 years experience, our Doula cultivates a relationship by supporting families before, during and after birth. Envision a time where parents, care providers and birthing systems will work together to prevent the unnecessary primary cesarean, and to offer those who choose VBAC respectful, collaborative, community care.
- 1 Prenatal Visit (in person or virtual) 1 to 2 hours each
- Creation of a birth plan/wish list including preferences for pain management, and to understand how the birthing parent and her partner have prepared for the birth by reviewing personal coping strategies for pain and fatigue, answer any questions, etc.
- Support by telephone or email as needed during pregnancy and immediate postpartum
- 24-hour on-call availability from 2 weeks prior to your due date until your baby is born.
- In person Labour support from active labour at home or hospital
Placenta Encapsulation $300
Placenta encapsulation is an amazing way to prepare for your postpartum recovery. We prepare your placenta into dehydrated, easy-to-take capsule.
Benefits of placenta encapsulation can include: increased production of oxytocin, less chance of a postpartum mood disorder, increased milk supply and a decrease in stress hormones.
- Placenta capsules (available steamed or raw method)
- Pick-up and delivery options in Peel, Halton, York and Toronto regions and southern Ontario.
- Complimentary umbilical cord keepsake.
- Tincture: $25 (prepared with grain-free potato vodka)
- Placenta Print: $15
- Placenta Salve: $20
- Postpartum Herbs: $20
Knowledge is Power - Birth Education
It is important to us to provide resources that can help families make better birth decisions for themselves. The website listed below is a compilation of information around the different types of injuries. They offer many resources to assist families.
Learn more about Pitocin and Birth Injuries
Learn more about Racial Disparities in Birth Outcomes
Deposits & Payment for Doula Services
The Initial consultation is free of charge.
We do require 50% deposit when the contract is signed and then the remainder by 36 weeks. Confirm the payment of service with your doula.
Fees for the packages can be paid either through email money transfer or credit card.
**Proudly serving Toronto, GTA and the Surrounding Areas**