MEET THE TEAM
Our birth and postpartum doulas are here to guide you, support you and provide non-judgmental care. Each doula on our team is certified and trained in many different support methods to best care for you in the most transformative time of your life.
We will be happy to do a in home consultation or meet at a location that works best for you! If there is a doula (or two) that you would prefer to meet please be sure to advise of their names in the comments section of the contact form. Availability is based on each doulas schedule and we will do our best to accommodate your needs and wishes!
All of these doulas support families in Toronto and the surrounding GTA. Let us find the best doula fit for you and your family!
GIOVANNA AIELLO (Founder), Birth Doula + Photographer
Long before I gave birth to my own child, this was what I always wanted to do. Even as a child I was obsessed with baby bellies and how it all worked. The gift to grow life from scratch is an amazing blessing and a miraculous journey. And experiencing pregnancy, labour and birth myself taught me everything I needed to know to start my journey as a doula. I love birth. I love pregnancy and my passion is for every woman to be treated with respect, tenderness, and skill during her labor and birth, and for all couples to draw closer together as they celebrate their new families. I thank my daughter everyday for inspiring me to do what I love. She is my greatest teacher.
- Birth and Postpartum doula - Certified with Bebo Mia
- Acupressure & Shiatsu Certified - Wellmother Shiatsu Birth Training
- Spinning Babies Certified
- Rebozo trained & Certified
- Birth Photographer - Certified with Birth Becomes Her
- Infant Sleep Educator training - Bebo Mia
- Beyond the Basics Breastfeeding Education for Birth Professionals- Bebo Mia
- Trained Child & Infant CPR + First Aid
- Reiki certified - Level 1
MARIA TAMAYO, Birth Doula
Warm, intuitive, and knowledgeable; Maria has worked with children and families for many years, following her passion in caring for others. She came to Toronto in 2011 and here is where she finally decided to fulfill her love for women, babies and birth.
After Maria attended her first birth as a Doula, she knew that it was not only what she wanted to do but what she was supposed to do. She found her true calling.
For her, witnessing the transformation that women go through, together with their partners is beautiful. Witnessing and being a part of the miracle of birth is a privilege.
With ample professional training and gentle spirit Maria, guides and supports her clients through their pregnancy, birth and postpartum experience. Her intention as a doula is to create a calm, loving, compassionate, joyful and empowering space to make their experience the best that it can be.
Every pregnant person, baby and birth are unique, and her work involves respecting and encouraging her client’s natural rhythms and needs.
- DONA Certified Birth Doula CD(DONA)
- Postpartum Doula
- Certified Lamaze Childbirth Educator (LCCE)
- Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator (SpBCPE) Placenta Encapsulation
- Prenatal yoga Instructor.
- Certified Maternity and Child Sleep Consultant.
- Trained in Rebozo Techniques.
- Trained in Acupressure Techniques for Pregnancy, Birth and Postpartum Experience working with families with multiples.
NIDHI SETH, Birth Doula
I am a compassionate Birth and Postpartum Doula who started my journey as a medical student in Europe for 8 years. After seeing how much emotional and mental awareness was lacking in patient recovery,I left medical school in search of a new purpose, that was more spiritually aligned. I want to help women make informed decisions without compromising their recovery. With the right knowledge and by nurturing, empowering & inspiring those to gain confidence during their pregnancy, labour & postpartum. I believe in combining modern day medicine with ancient philosophies to bring about the most balanced version of self.
- Birth & Postpartum Doula with DONA International
- Accredited Breastfeeding Course through DONA International
- Hatha Yoga Instructor
- Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga Instructor
- Thai Massage Therapist
- Trained in Rebozo Techniques
- Trained in Acupressure comfort measures
- Trained Child & Infant CPR + First Aid
CARISSA MARKS, Birth Doula
- First, second and third time parents
- Home and hospital
- High risk & complications/low risk
- Natural, unmedicated, medicated, epidural
- Scheduled, emergency, gentle cesarean births
- Worked with twins and triplets births and postpartum care
- Premature delivery/postpartum
- Postpartum complications, depression, anxiety
- Trained in rebozo comfort measures via Gina Kirby
AMELIA REBOLO, Placenta Encapsulation
Placenta Encapsulation is a way that you can help prepare for your postpartum recovery. The process involves have your placenta prepared into a capsule form in order to take throughout your postpartum period. This practice has regained popularity in the past few years and we are pleased to offer this service to you!
For further information about these services please reach out directly by way of the the button at the bottom of this page.
Amelia holds an internationally recognized certificate in IOSHA blood borne pathogens standard 29 CFR 1090.1030 training, and has completed her training with the Association of Placenta Preparation Arts – one of the most comprehensive training programs available with the highest industry standards for safety and quality.
Prepared with organic ingredients (where applicable) and fresh filtered water.
Please see our doula services page for pricing!